The Department was established in the year 2014 with an objective of imparting quality education in the field of Electrical engineering . Electrical engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. The electrical engineering department at GNIT Nagpur has specialized faculties in all important areas of electrical engineering such as power system, power electronics & drives, control & automation .
[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_tabs style=”modern” color=”juicy-pink” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Aim” tab_id=”1496232756405-19b91a91-0b45d20b-cb19″][vc_column_text]
Electrical Engineering at GNIT aims to play an active role in propelling India in its growth trajectory through innovative interâ€“disciplinary research and educational programs at undergraduate levels.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Vision” tab_id=”1514455394237-a3857d0c-e675″][vc_column_text]To produce comprehensively trained, socially responsible, innovative Electrical Engineers and researchers of highest quality to contribute to the nation’s imprint on the world stage.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Mission” tab_id=”1514455393487-52e44ee5-6749″][vc_column_text]
- To Provide a congenial learning atmosphere and ambition, thereby enabling students to reach their purpose and target and to become good citizen’s.
- To provide excellence in learning through dedicated teaching, innovation and industrial projects.
- To Provide all possible support to promote research and development activities.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PEOs” tab_id=”1514455392846-dd9de957-eeb9″][vc_column_text]
- Building on fundamental knowledge, graduates should continue to develop technical skills within and across disciplines in electrical engineering or in closely related fields.
- Graduates should develop and exercise their capabilities for life-long learning to enhance their technical and non-technical skills.
- Graduates should develop and refine their knowledge and skills for management, communication, and professional ethics.
- To Build a Graduate who Fulfill the needs of society in solving technical problems using engineering principles, tools and practices, in an ethical and responsible manner.
- To Produce a Graduate with leadership skills in the workplace and function professionally in a globally competitive world.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PO” tab_id=”1514455392182-3653fde4-f8b0″][vc_column_text]
- Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, & Electrical Engineering fundamentals, which provide the solution of complex Electrical Engineering problems.
- Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using analytical tools appropriate to electrical engineering.
- Design solutions for Brodely defined Electrical Engineering problems and Develope system components or processes that fulfill the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, & resources, including prediction and modeling to Electrical Engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice Such as Professional societies of Electrical engineering.
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the Electricaql Engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on Electrical Engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage Electrical Engineering projects.
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in , life-long learning in electrical engineering, keeping pace with rapidly changing technology.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PSO” tab_id=”1514455391180-05075a6a-8790″][vc_column_text]
- Identify the problems and solve live-problems of industries.
- Utilize skills in transforming ideas into hardware project .
- Give propose innovative solutions in the area of electrical machine, Power Systems and Electric Drives.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Carreer Opportunities” tab_id=”1496233521851-ab87eb6c-8e12d20b-cb19″][vc_column_text]
- Energy Conservation Auditors
- Energy managers
- Power generation, Transmission and Distribution Area
- Power Equipment manufacturing Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Process Control Engineer
- Quality assurance and testing Engineer
- Research & Development Engineer
- Government organizations, Army, UPSC etc
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Laboratories” tab_id=”1496232756466-8ddeb8e6-ffc4d20b-cb19″][vc_column_text]
- Electrical Engineering Laboratory
- Network Analysis Laboratory
- Electrical Machines Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- Switch gear and protection laboratory
- High Voltage Engg laboratory
- C.A.E.E.D laboratory
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Faculty Information ” tab_id=”1496233623952-fe5331c7-b584d20b-cb19″][vc_column_text]
|1||Mr. Praful Kumbhare||HOD / Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|2||Mr. Rahul Naware||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|3||Ms. Aparna Sarkar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|4||Mr. Ankush Kosare||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|5||Mr. Ayyappa Shetti||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|6||Ms. Surbhi Deotale||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|7||Ms. Suvarna Baraskar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|8||Mr. Anil K. Agawani||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][thim-counters-box counters_label=”Intake” counters_value=”60″ style=”home-page” background_color=”#c4c4c4″][/vc_column][/vc_row]