Civil Engineering Department in GNI nurtures the students in terms of design, construction and maintenance of physical and naturally built environment and makes them ready to understand overall world’s infrastructure culture. It also creates an awareness and a focused detailing on the infrastructure of the world which includeWater works, Sewers, Dams, Power Plants, Transmission Towers/Lines, Railroads, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels, Irrigation Canals, River Navigation, Shipping Canals, Traffic Control, Mass Transit, Airport Runways, Terminals, Industrial Plant Buildings, Skyscrapers, etc.Among the important subdivisions of the field are construction engineering, irrigation engineering, transportation engineering, soils and foundation engineering, geodetic engineering, hydraulic engineering, and coastal and ocean engineering.
As the desired objectives are so broad and encompass an orderly progression of interrelated components and information to arrive at the visually pleasing, environmentally satisfactory, and energy-frugal end point, civil engineering projects are actually systems requiring the skills and inputs of many diverse technical specialties, all of which are subsets of the overall civil engineering profession .We strive hard to make Civil Engineering students realize that no one can imagine life without the contribution of civil Engineering to the public health, safety and standard of living.
To achieve excellence that leads Civil Engineering in academics with high technical competencies by imparting quality technical education to meet the current and future challenges in the field of Civil Engineering moreover to emerges as a leader for the betterment of society.
- To produce competent Civil Engineers with technical and management skill, research quality and ethical values to serve the society and nation.
- To make the department a center of excellence in the field of civil engineering.
- To promote creative thinking in minds of budding engineers to face the upcoming challenges.
- To provide knowledge with emphasis on the development of leadership qualities in the students.
- To promote quality education with consultancy and research for industrial and social needs.
- Plan, analyze, design, construct, manage, advance and maintain various systems in civil engineering.
- To achieve excellence and pursue professional licensure and certification.
- Engage in lifelong learning and pursue advanced level studies.
- Career advancement and demonstrate managerial skills through active participation in the civil engineering profession to serve the society.
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of limitations
The engineers and society: apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Design / Development of solution: Design solution for complex engineering problems and design.system components or process that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety and the culture, societal and environmental consideration
Environmental & Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solution in the societal and environmental contexts make meaning of the world by connecting people, ideas, books, media and technology.
- Civil Engineers can work in the office and at the site as contracting engineers as well as consulting civil engineers have to work on several sites at the same time.
- They are also required to deal with critical problems such as disaster mitigation and management.
- Structural engineers design, oil rigs, multi story cars parks or office blocks to ensure that the structural framework of the building is strong enough to take the load.
- Water managements engineers specialized in water supply, sewerage system & pollution control.
- Highways engineers are involved in assessing, planning, rebuilding of road network, one way system, traffic lights, road lanes, parking space etc.
- Strength of Materials
- Concrete Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics-I
- Fluid Mechanics-II
- Matrix Analysis
- Surveying-I & II
- Engineering Geology
- Structural Analysis
|1||Mr. Sushant Gajbhiye||HOD / Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|2||Mr. Pawan Barahate||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|3||Ms. Arpita Nandanwar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|4||Ms. Apurva Kitey||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|5||Ms. Prachi Tiwari||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|6||Mr. Mukesh Mohture||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|7||Mr. Santosh Jathar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|8||Mr. Deepak Meshram||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|9||Mr. Raju Bondre||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|10||Ms. Bhagyashri Balki||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|11||Ms. Needhi Dharawal||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|12||Ms. Shasheen Gupta||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|13||Mr. Nitesh Tantarpale||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|14||Mr. Gopal Dhanjode||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|15||Mr. Anuradha Kadavkar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|16||Mr. A. V. Dorlikar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|17||Mr. Nikhil Bobde||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|18||Mr. Akshay S. Paidalwar||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|19||Mr. Rohit V. Bidwaik||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|20||Mr. Mukesh Balwani||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|21||Dr. Ganesh Awchat||Associate Professor||BE, M. Tech, Ph.D.|
|22||Ms. Bobby Ramteke||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|23||Mr. Dilip Budhlani||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|24||Mr. Abhay Khorgade||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|25||Dr. Hitendra D. Chandewar(Visiting)||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|
|26||Dr. Dilip P. Mase(Visiting)||Asst. Professor||BE, M. Tech|