The Department was established in the year 2009 with an objective of imparting quality education in the field of Computer Science. GNIT’s computer science department takes pride in providing an outstanding research environment complemented by excellence in teaching.
With fast evolving technology and the continuous need for innovation the department has always taken care to maintain a comprehensive curriculum on topics related to all aspects of Computer Hardware and Software with an emphasis on practical learning. The course structure is latest and includes courses on burgeoning topics to equip students with the latest developments in Computer Science and Engineering.
[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_tabs style=”modern” color=”juicy-pink” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Aim” tab_id=”1496232756405-19b91a91-0b457544-f328″][vc_column_text]
To the department works with an aim to develop core competence in Computer Science and prepare the students to take up challenges to carry out quality research. It efforts also to produce quality professionals, holding important positions in Information Technology industry in India and abroad.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Vision” tab_id=”1514455158929-6d6658b1-6105″][vc_column_text]
To be a department of excellence in Engineering and Technology for making competent professionals in the field of Computer Science serving as a valuable resource for industry and society.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Mission” tab_id=”1514455157182-7999ecec-5eba”][vc_column_text]
- Transform young men and women into responsible thinking engineers.
- Establish Industry Institute Interaction program to enhance the entrepreneurship skills.
- To inspire them to proactively engage themselves for the betterment of the society.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PEO’s” tab_id=”1514454777164-a6dd4ce9-2098″][vc_column_text]
- To inspire life-long learning by means of advance courses, certifications and/or other professional developments. (Core Competence)
- To provide students with foundation for acquiring strong computer fundamentals thereby developing the ability to solve and analyze engineering problems. (Preparation)
- To develop software competency for pursuing technical specifications in order to provide innovative engineering solutions.(Implementation)
- To encourage (Program specific Outcome)
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PSO’s” tab_id=”1514454775179-f41f9d91-cec3″][vc_column_text]
- Graduate is able to demonstrate capacity for continuous learning & growth, and scholarly activity in their respective disciplines and fields of study.
- Graduate is able to demonstrate excellence in critical thinking, problem-solving, analysis and strategic planning
- An Industry ready graduate is able to create his/her position in organisation where he/she undergoes industrial implant training. leadership and ethical codes to inculcate values for development of society. (Morality)
- To enhance interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and social awareness for Professional development of student. (Professionalism) software competency
- An ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally(speaking / writing skills).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PO” tab_id=”1514455090314-2970c239-343e”][vc_column_text]
- To apply the knowledge of Computer fundamentals and Engineering concepts in Complex Engineering problems.
- To identify, formulate and analyze the engineering problems by using principles of Mathematics and Engineering fundamentals.
- To design a system or process to meet the specific needs of the society relating to economics, environment, ethics, health, safety.
- Applying engineering knowledge to design experiments, analyze, and interpret data to obtain valid conclusions.
- Select the proper softwares and applying appropriate techniques for the design, analysis of systems using various simulation tools.
- Develop Ability to assess and analyze the impact of engineering practices on societal issues.
- Understand that the solutions have to be provided taking the environmental issues and sustainability into consideration.
- Understand professional responsibilities and Ethics.
- To work effectively as member or a leader in diverse teams and multidisciplinary activities.
- Develop ability to communicate effectively, write precise reports, design documentation, and make effective presentation for engineering activities.
- Apply Engineering and Management principles in their own/team projects in multidisciplinary environment considering the financial aspects.
- Engage in life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Carreer Opportunities” tab_id=”1496233521851-ab87eb6c-8e127544-f328″][vc_column_text]
- Programmer: Developing various system and domain specific softwares
- System administrator :UNIX system administrator,Microsoft Windows system administrators,System administrator, Database administrator, High-performance Web site administration
- Computer security specialist : Cyber security , Ethical hacking
- Multimedia animation: 3-D games and interactive environment development, E-business, e-commerece
- Networking and hardware
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Laboratories ” tab_id=”1496232756466-8ddeb8e6-ffc47544-f328″][vc_column_text]
- Computer Center
- Data Structure & Programming Lab
- DBMS Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Object Oriented Programming Lab
- Distributed Systems Lab
- Project lab
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Faculty Information ” tab_id=”1496233623952-fe5331c7-b5847544-f328″][vc_column_text]
|1||Ms. Reena Thakur||HOD / Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|2||Ms. Manjusha Talmale||Asst. Professor||BE, ME|
|3||Mr. Neeranjan Chitare||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|4||Mr. Abhishek M. Kinhekar||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|5||Mr. Dheeraj Gupta||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|6||Ms. shraddha Bangade||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|7||Mr. Nitin Choudhari||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|8||Mr. Akhilesh Thool||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|9||Ms. Chanchala Tripathi||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|10||Mr. Akshay D. Saraf||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”NAAC Visit Photos” tab_id=”1541235111908-b996763b-83be”][vc_column_text]NAAC VISIT VIDEO[/vc_column_text][vc_gallery type=”image_grid” images=”8451,8450,8449,8448,8447,8446,8445,8444,8443,8442,8441,8440,8439,8438,8437,8436″ img_size=”200*100″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][thim-counters-box counters_label=”Intake” counters_value=”60″ style=”home-page” background_color=”#c4c4c4″][/vc_column][/vc_row]