GNIT ensures that the department is dedicated to teach students about core Electronics and communication engineering subjects like digital electronics and logic design, fundamentals of communication engineering, electronic circuits, signals and systems, power electronics, applied electromagnetic theory, integrated circuits, VLSI, control systems and computer architecture etc. deals with analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital and analog communication, analog integrated circuits, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It also deals with the manufacturing of electronic devices, circuits, and communications equipment like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits and microwaves etc. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will enrich them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
[/vc_column_text][vc_tta_tabs style=”modern” color=”juicy-pink” active_section=”1″][vc_tta_section title=”Aim” tab_id=”1496232756405-19b91a91-0b457526-7ff3″][vc_column_text]
Electronics and telecommunication department in GNIT aims to aware its students with the study, application and control of the scientific phenomenon concerned with flow of electrical current.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Vision” tab_id=”1514455777132-69c5071f-4ce8″][vc_column_text]To be a premier professional establishment in the field of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering by offering quality technical education environment in which students are prepared to meet today’s challenges of modern industries by equipping them with analytical & practical skills.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Mission” tab_id=”1514455776485-709b6e9b-cb13″][vc_column_text]To achieve the vision the department will
- Nurture the students into knowledgeable, skillful and ethical professional to meet the growing challenges of the modern industry.
- To nurture young individual with strong foundation to enable them for continuing education.
- To create an intellectually stimulating environment for research, scholarship, creativity, innovation and professional activity.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PEO’s” tab_id=”1514455775868-6a13254f-d35f”][vc_column_text]After successful completion of the program, the graduates will be
- PEO 1: Able to apply concepts of mathematics, science and computing to Electronics and Teleommunication Engineering
- PEO 2: Able to design and develop interdisciplinary and innovative systems.
- PEO 3: Able to inculcate effective communication skills, team work, ethics, leadership in preparation for a successful career in industry and R&D organizations.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PO” tab_id=”1514455775173-0a6e4b59-4e20″][vc_column_text]
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”PSO” tab_id=”1514455774098-6c35f941-5bdf”][vc_column_text]At the end of the program, the student:
PSO1. Should be able to clearly understand the concepts and applications in the field of Communication/networking, signal processing, embedded systems and semiconductor technology.
PSO2. Should be able to associate the learning from the courses related to Microelectronics, Signal processing, Microcomputers, Embedded and Communication Systems to arrive at solutions to real world problems.
PSO3. Should have the capability to comprehend the technological advancements in the usage of modern design tools to analyze and design subsystems/processes for a variety of applications.
PSO4. Should posses the skills to communicate in both oral and written forms, the work already done and the future plans with necessary road maps, demonstrating the practice of professional ethics and the concerns for societal and environmental wellbeing.[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Carreer Opportunities” tab_id=”1496233521851-ab87eb6c-8e127526-7ff3″][vc_column_text]
- Having a further look at the career prospects, there is bound to be huge demand for competent engineers in electronic industry to cope this demand in technology. The engineers would be involved in sustaining cutting edge technology to stay ahead in competition.
- An electronic engineer can find a job in Consumer electronics manufacturing organization, Telecommunication & IT industries, Health care equipment manufacturing, Mobile communication(2G,3G,4G), Internet technologies, Power Electronics, and other industries like steel, petroleum and chemical industry, directing control and testing production process.
- Electrical Technicians and technologists can specialize in technical sales, product representation, systems management, the design and manufacture of electronic devices and systems, or the installation, maintenance and repair of electronic systems and equipment.
- They may also work with computers and electronic equipment in the medical, manufacturing, industrial control,telecommunications,aeronautical and military fields.
- ECE also have several job openings & good pay-packages as compared to other branches.
Electronics and Communication Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like DMRC, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd and Flextronics and Philips Electronics.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Laboratories” tab_id=”1496232756466-8ddeb8e6-ffc47526-7ff3″][vc_column_text]
- Electronic Devices and Circuits Laboratory
- Digital Circuits Laboratory
- Communication Electronics Laboratory
- Linear and Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Computer Center with Internet Facilities
- Electronics Workshop Laboratory
- Television Laboratory
- Control System Laboratory
- Electronic System Design Laboratory
- Power Electronics Laboratory
- UHF and Microwave Laboratory
- Project Lab with High End Software’s
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][vc_tta_section title=”Faculty Information ” tab_id=”1496233623952-fe5331c7-b5847526-7ff3″][vc_column_text]
|1||Dr. Sudhir Shelke||Principal / Asso. Professor||BE, M.Tech,Ph.D|
|2||Ms. Neha Chourasia||HOD / Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|3||Ms.Prajakta Wasekar||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|4||Ms. Shashi Rathore||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|5||Mr. Alain I. Abraham||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|6||Mr. Rajiv Verma||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|7||Mr. Roshan Baiswar||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|8||Mr. Swapnil Dheple||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|9||Ms. JAspreet Kaur Vij||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|10||Ms. Vaishali Asare||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|11||Ms. Deepali Wasnik||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|12||Ms. Prajakta Bande||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|13||Mr. Suraj Rathore||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|14||Ms. Suvidha Dhore||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|15||Mr. Shafaque Farheen Khan||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|16||Ms. Mrunalini Moon||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|17||Mr. Praful Kothe||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
|17||Ms. Sneha Bire||Asst. Professor||BE, M.Tech|
[/vc_column_text][/vc_tta_section][/vc_tta_tabs][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/6″][thim-counters-box counters_label=”Intake” counters_value=”120″ style=”home-page” background_color=”#c4c4c4″][/vc_column][/vc_row]